Pacific Pride Exterior Door Limited Warranty
Pacific Pride Building Products, Inc. (PPBP) warranties its products against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from date of shipment from PPBP according to hanging and maintenance/care requirements subject to specified exclusions as stated below. PPBP will, at our option, repair, replace or refund the purchase price of the product to the original owner.
Handling and Care
Upon receipt of door, carefully inspect product for any visible defects including warp* PRIOR to installation. Notice must be given to dealer immediately.
Unfinished doors MUST be finished within 24 hours of installation and must not be stored prior in damp or direct sunlight conditions. Interior doors should not be stored or installed until all sheetrock is painted and dry.
Excluded from Warranty
The following are not considered defects and therefore are not covered by warranty:
- Doors not installed with proper overhang that provide adequate protection from direct sunlight and weather elements. Overhang must project a minimum of half the entry height (see diagram below). Example: an entry overhang 10 feet off the ground would require a minimum 5 foot overhang.
- Water damage of any kind is not covered under this warranty.
- Cosmetic defects not reported upon receipt of product.
- Damage, misuse or abuse caused by others beyond control of PPBP.
- Storm doors installed in front of Pacific Entries door will void warranty.
- *Warp for doors 3'x7' or smaller not exceeding 1/4" in the plane of the door itself. Doors larger than 3'x7' are covered as such only if properly installed with 3-point locking hardware.
- Natural variations in color, finish or texture of door.
- Failures or defects not covered include broken glass, hardware not provided by PPBP, improper installation, lack of maintenance or normal aging.
- Panel shrinkage. Panels are free-floating and allowed to move as wood stabilizes according to climate conditions.
- Lack of maintenance. Doors must be inspected regularly and refinished if signs of wear or dryness occur. Doors facing south or southwest will require more attention.
Your Pacific Pride doors are finished with the highest quality polyurethane oil based products. Over time, according to how severe the climate or sun exposure, your door will require some simple, periodic maintenance to keep it looking great. Regular maintenance is a requirement of this warranty.
Maintenance is required if you see signs of the following:
- The finish becomes dull or chalky
- Color begins to fade
- Changes in finish texture such as scaling or flaking
- Hairline cracks in the top coat
Follow paint manufacturer's procedures when applying new top coat or wax polish. If you live in severe climates and/or your entry receives sunlight from southern or western exposures, inspections should be done often.
It is important to note that wood continues to be a living entity constantly adjusting to climate conditions. As your door ages over time, it may naturally shrink and swell slightly which may produce small hairline cracks. Proper overhang and maintenance will help minimize this condition and prolong the life of your door.
|CAUTION! Lack of proper overhang will void warranty! Overhang must project a minimum of 1/2 the height of entry (see image at right).
Except as set forth above, PPBP makes no other warranty, expressed or implied, in regards to their product and shall not be liable for consequential, indirect or incidental damages for any amount in excess of price paid by Pacific Pride direct customer.
To download a pdf of this warranty: Exterior Door Product Warranty (189KB).
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the pdf.